From the Life of the Buddha QUIZ:
1. Kapilavatthu/Kapilavasthu is
a. An ancient kingdom in India
2. When and where was Prince Siddhattha born?
a. On the full moon day of May (in 623 B.C.) in Lumbini.
3. Who were Prince Siddhattha’s parents?
b. King Suddhodana and Queen Mahamaya
4. What did the seers predict Prince Siddhattha would become?
a. Either a fully Enlightened One or a Universal Monarch
5. When and whom did Prince Siddhattha marry?
c. At the age of 16 and Princess Yasodhara
6. Prince Siddhattha renounced the household (worldly) life at the age of
7. For how many years did he practice austerity (asceticism)?
a. Six years
8. Ascetic Siddhattha attained enlightenment (Buddhahood) under a
b. Bodhi tree
9. The Three Jewels in Buddhism refer to
b. Buddha, Dhamma and Saṅgha
10. The Buddha preached Dhamma for
a. Forty-five years
11. Who were the Buddha’s two chief disciples?
c. Moggallāna and Sāriputta
12. The enlightened disciples of the Buddha in Theravada tradition are called
13. Which of the following terms is used to denote an aspirant (future) Buddha?
14. Who was the Buddha’s chief attendant?
15. The Buddha attained Mahāparinirvāṇa in
16. Prince Rahula is
c. Buddha’s son
17. The Buddha passed away (attained Mahāparinirvāṇa) at the age of
b. Eighty years
18. Queen Mahāpajapati is
a. The stepmother of the Buddha
19. What are the four sights that led Prince Siddhattha to renounce the worldly life?
c. An old man, a sick man, a death man (corpse) and an ascetic
20. ‘Buddha’ means
c. Fully Enlightened One
21. In which sutta/sūtra the Buddha’s passing away (demise) is recorded?
22. The community of monks in the Theravada tradition is called
23. The stories which depict the former lives of the Buddha are called
24. Which of the following is the first discourse of the Buddha and what is the main theme of it?
c. Dhammacakkapavattana-sutta (discourse on turning of the Dhamma wheel); the four Noble Truths
25. The Buddha described himself with the simile of a flower stating that he is born in the world but is untouched by it, which of the following simile is used for this?
a. Simile of the Lotus
Return to the Life of the Buddha Quiz: http://newlotus.buddhistdoor.com/en/news/d/35647